Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Movies: Dynamite Warrior by Mr. Piggy

No, I refuse to waste my time going into detail about this movie. I'm not paid enough so you just gonna have to do with my notes:

Dynamite warrior is a Thai movie, it does not taste like Thai food.
It's set in 1910. Guess where...

Hero: jone bang fai, of the muay thai gym closest to you
Bad guy n#1: Lord waeng, of the cult of the cut lip
Bad guy n#2: the black lord, of the I-didn't-listen-to-that-always-wear-sunscreen-song cult
Bad guy n#3: what's his name, of the I-only-fight-when-I'm-hungry cult
Mentor: Sing, the super cattle herder with magical powers
The love interest: she's frikkin under-age guys!!! CMON!!!
Mix all that, add a few cows, and you get an action/comedy movie. With dynamite rockets.

What I learned on this movie:
  • In Thailand everybody fights muay thay.
  • The first guided missiles were invented there.
  • All thai peasants have tatoos.
  • You can exorcise a thai man with kicks on his groin.
  • Heroes in Thai movies talk openly about important stuff, like menstruation.
  • If you get really hungry, you too can fight like a kung fu master.
4/10 lics, and only because, although under-age, the love interest was pretty. And also because, although completely nuts, this movie does manage to capture a few laughs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah heheheh I've seen this movie