Sunday, August 1, 2010

music: PJ Harvey . uh uh her (2004)

She’s raw, she’s loud and her music is not exactly radio friendly.

But to call her a great musician and awesome lyricist is a serious understatement. I personally see her as the female equivalent of Nick Cave. Of course the Boatman's Call album and they having worked together in other projects, can only reinforce this notion. 
She sings with everything she has.

I absolutely love what she is able to accomplish with her voice, the way she sings about pain, about love and about life. My favourite track on this album is you come through for me. This songs gives me goosebumps, it's perfect.


Reminds me of: Man size, Nick Cave, L7 (the energy, not the tampon...), Anais Nin’s Under a glass bell, seagulls and small boats on the shore

9/10 This is not MTV

No comments: