Tuesday, August 3, 2010

music: Richard Hawley – Richard Hawley (2007)

The first thing I thought upon hearing troublesome waters was…. hmm, this feels like Johnny Cash

This ex Pulp member has a voice of gold. 

I’ve been listening to Sunflower, Time has made a change and my favourite Naked In Pitsmoor for the last 3 hours or so, and it just keeps getting better.
His sound is both masculine and warm. 


Although some might consider him a crooner, I think he has the voice of an old jackal.  A guy who’s been there, has loved and suffered. And now sings about his experiences and memories.

Actually for some dumb reason I think that that’s how David Carradine  would sound if he ever made an album as Bill, from the movie Kill Bill… It might be the timbre of his voice... oh well, me and my theories…

Reminds me of: Johnny Cash, David Fonseca, Mark Knopfler, Frank Sinatra

7/10 Solid  and beautiful singing. 

No comments: