Thursday, September 16, 2010

music: Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises (2010)

I’m listening to theleaning tree right now with tears in my eyes..This song is fucking beautiful…

I got hold of Sun Kil Moon’s latest album today and the wait was worth it, it’s an instant favourite. 
Mark Kozelek does not really go into new territory with this one; it’s the usual singer/acoustic guitar combination from previous efforts. But let me tell you, this simple formula works perfectly for him.

This time he seems to be more drawn towards a flamenco guitar playing style, right from the first track Alesund, to the middle of the impressive Third and Seneca, one will catch glimpses of Spain.

True to his style, his songs are tempered by different tempos and moods.

As usual, the imagery he uses throughout his songs is related to places, people, situations and memory. That’s what his music is all about and what makes this wonderful album special: Memory.

On a side note, check out the awsome photography of Nyree Watts, the photographer that collaborates with Mr. Kozelek on his albums.

Reminds me of: Destroyer; places where I've been happy: Cape Town, bits and pieces of Barcelona and Luanda; the ocean...

10/10 I’m a fan….

No comments: